Weekly Reflection #3

This last week has been the best yet. I was able to finish my research paper, I met with Dr. Shinitzky to discuss his social media presence, and was able to start wrapping up my time in Florida. I wanted to boost Dr. Shinitzky’sInstagram, facebook, and twitter pages. I worked with a new app called Image Quote, I had never used this app and was interested to see what I could make. I learned that the app allows me to make the background anything I wanted, and then use a text box to write the quotes. I found it really cool to repay Dr. Shinitzky and teach me how to use this technology to his advantage! I had acquired them to use the app and thought that Dr. Shinitzky would appreciate me teaching him as well. We spend a lot of time working with this app to really make these images that best they could be. I wanted them to look professional and really pop for the reader. The idea behind this project came from someone asking Dr. Shinitzky to post quotes about the things he had learned over the years. He compiled a list of Shinitzky Isms, these were what all the quotes were. We thought it would be a good idea to post these out and allow athletes to see these quotes. I thought it was a no brainer, Dr. Shinitzky has a lot of great info that could inspire athletes everywhere!
When I took on this project, I was nervous. I had put a loaf of time into these and wanted to make sure Dr. Shinitzky liked them because they represented his brand. With that being said, he loved them! He was very happy to get these quotes done and share them with all his followers. I was very excited that my work was going to be the second thing posted by him. I’m not a professional by any means but, I take pride in my work and will keep going to get the best product I can. This project was a huge success and I am very happy that it worked out well. I am glad that I took on the project and can’t wait to keep collaborating with Dr. Shinitzky, we make a great team.
It was super amazing, humbling, and nerve-racking to shadow Dr. Shinitzky and many other professionals in the world of Sports Psychology. I am very blessed and thankful to have had this opportunity, I did more than grade students, doctoral students, and certainly high school students. This experience has been life changing and I couldn’t be more thankful to everyone who made it possible. I just want to thank Dr. Shinitzky, My mom, Gary, Kelly, and Gregor. Without you guys this project wouldn’t have been possible, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Comments

  1. Fantastic. I'm going to go look at that Instagram account! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a chance to produce something that would help Dr. Shinitzky. Something that you can put into your "portfolio" or on your resume of work as well. See you back on campus, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog